Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yankee Christmas Dinner

This past Christmas Eve, I finally got some pictures of our Christmas dinner. Yankee Christmas dinners are nothing like Southern Christmas dinners. I had my first Yankee dinner in 1999 and have been hooked ever since. In the south, where I was born and raised, we have basically the same thing as Thanksgiving...turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, coconut pie, chocolate pie...you get the picture. Not in the north. Lord was I suprised when we went to my husband's grandparent's house for dinner. Shrimp, lobster tails, smelts, spagetti with anchovy sauce, manhattan clam chowder...heavens to betsy, I was in love. I love seafood and this was right up my alley. I no longer desire the usual southern Christmas meal..no sir...it's a Yankee Christmas Dinner for me..

0 comments: